Thursday 29 December 2016

What REALLY happened to me in 2016

A month ago I visited a medium. I love that kind of thing and am always intrigued to find out if I’m on the right path. The first thing she said was ‘CONGRATULATIONS!’ in a very loud forceful and 'like she really meant it' kind of way. I laughed. Even telling the story to my friends and family afterwards I laughed. I had nothing to be congratulated for. At 26 and the last of my friends to get married and have a baby (or even get engaged or pregnant for that matter) I really didn’t see why anyone would be congratulating me. She continued ‘when I say this I don’t mean a specific event I mean personally you have grown, moved on and are living a truer life. That not only got me thinking but summed it all up for me too - this year I have achieved a lot.



Being stress free & business

I have found the perfect balance between working hard and not getting to the end of the week physically and mentally exhausted. I have the balance between caring enough but not stressing myself out that my mind can not focus and I can give all aspects of my life the attention they deserve.

I freed up time in my week to work for myself. To take on more photography work and projects. I have had a real personal growth year so have not overworked myself but feel satisfied with the work I have achieved. I invested in mentoring and work friendships to get me moving forwards because business life can be lonely.

I have absolutely loved all of the photography work I have done. From weddings, equine and family photography - I have met the best people and thoroughly enjoyed my work.



Anxiety

I have found hypnotherapy and due to not forcing myself to be overworked in what feels like a competition with the rest of society I am not overthinking or full to the brim with stress. I have my self doubts like everyone does but none of my negative thoughts have stopped me from achieving anything.

Health

I have lost a stone and a half over the last year and tried to inspire others along the way. I dedicated myself to running completing my first ever competitive 10k race. I showed commitment through making time to run by getting up earlier and although never easy to drag yourself out of bed at that time of morning it felt good and was great for my mental wellbeing.



Relationships

I have lost more relationships than built. People who make no effort, who no longer care for how I am or what I’m up to or no longer have similar priorities or interests. This is hard but life moves on and I’ve freed up space in my life to allow new people in.  

Happiness & Minimalism

I discovered minimalism through The Minimalists this year and trying to fit my always cluttered life into a one bedroom flat for two people has been quite the challenge. I have de-cluttered my wardrobe to one rail with the help of Kon-Mari and slowly but surely each area of my life is becoming less ‘stuff-y’ and more happy! As part of this I’m better with money, I spend only on things I love and bring me joy and make note of my spending to keep me on track.
All-in-all I’m in a much better place than this time last year. I’m healthier, stronger, happier, and have a clearer mind. So I guess congratulations was in order after all.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ALEELILY DESIGNS | POWERED BY BLOGGER.