Wednesday 12 June 2013

23 & Me

On the 4th of June at approximately 5:35am... I become a year older! I always love my birthday and like to do lots of different mini events to make it last at least a week. This year it fell on a Tuesday, which isn’t a particularly exciting day, so I dragged my mum around lots of shops in Cambridge. It's so pretty there and we even found time to have a picnic in the park in the sunshine which was lovely. I finished off my day with a family meal in Prezzo and used a voucher they emailed to me, for a birthday treat, for a free bottle of prosecco which slipped down nicely (definitely worthwhile signing up to their voucher codes).

I got so many lovely presents, like hanging pieces for my room with positive quotes on, flower fairy lights and lots of new makeup!
At the weekend, the celebrations continued and I enjoyed a nice party night out on Saturday with my closest friends and a BBQ on the Sunday with my family (although unfortunately it was VERY chilly).

I love turning a new age – it’s kind of like starting a new year – a fresh start! I started being 23 in the most satisfying way I could think of... a 5K run! I started a running club 12 weeks ago so each week we’ve built up the kilometres and our speed. Before that I hadn’t done much running so it felt like an amazing accomplishment to do something I couldn’t have done when I turned 22.

I have been constantly convincing everyone around me (and myself) that 23 is going to be ‘my year’. I’m going to make the most of it; as my dad keeps reminding me ‘early twenties are the best days of your lives’ yet it sent me into a panic that I’m not making the most of mine.

So here I am 23&Me! With a new found positive attitude I aim to face my fears and do things I wouldn’t have dreamt of doing at 22. I want to continue on the journey of finding who I am and who I want to be, remembering ‘happiness is not a destination it’s a way of life’. I’m going to be creative, take too many photographs, take risks and most of all have no regrets. Who knows hopefully next year I will start my 24th birthday running 10k!

  Gemma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ALEELILY DESIGNS | POWERED BY BLOGGER.