Sunday 11 August 2013

Patience, frustration, dedication & love...

Heeeey,
So for those of you that ‘like’ the Facebook page, you will already know that Thursday was mine and Nixon’s four year anniversary, yay. It literally feels like I’ve had him forever and I certainly can’t remember a life without having constant poo picking to do.
To mark this mini celebration we had a photoshoot. My lovely friend, and amazing photographer, Emily agreed to come and take the photographs while I prepared myself to be on the other side of the camera for a change. Nixon was yet again a model extraordinaire, loving all the attention and in between poses treats.
To go along with our photographs, I thought I would do a question and answer. I got some friends to compile a list of questions; so here goes...
Q1. What is the best part of owning a horse?
The rewards you get out of it. The moments when they recognise your car as you arrive, when they give you cuddles when you need them the most and just the escape from real life.
Q2. What has been the most painful moment?
Breaking my collarbone! It’s such a painful thing to break because you can’t secure it with a cast. It still makes me cringe thinking about it now.






















Q3. Give us four words to sum up the last four years with Nixon
Patience, frustration, dedication, love
Q4. How do you motivate yourself to get out of bed early every morning to go and see him?
It’s just one of those things you have to do. The worst is winter when it’s freezing cold and dark, but I just think to myself I chose to have a horse so I have to get up and deal with it.

Q5.  How do you overcome your fears to get back in the saddle after a fall?
Eek, this is a tough one. I guess people deal with it in different ways but I just think to myself, well Nixon’s not going anywhere so I better get riding him again. It’s really tough and takes so long to build up confidence again, but you have to remember how many times you’ve ridden and not fallen off.
Q6. Would you ever get another horse?
Not right now, although I did recently go through a phase of reaaallllllly wanting a Shetland.
Q7.  Do you prefer any other breed?
I don’t think breed matters necessarily, but I love Suffolk punches.
Q8. What do you love about Nixon?
He’s literally the horse version of me! He gets grumpy if he’s cold or hungry, he sticks up for himself, he can be anxious and vulnerable and he can be confident.
Q9. What has been the best part of the last four years?
The lessons we’ve learnt along the way.
Q10. What has been the worst part of the last four years?
Falling off, but I think it has made me a better rider.

Gemma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ALEELILY DESIGNS | POWERED BY BLOGGER.