Sunday 20 October 2013

Nixon Knows #02
























Heeeeeeeeey,

So today I had the most successful, relaxing and enjoyable lunging experience. I always find lunging important, but tedious. I find it an essential task with Nixon, to get out his fizzyness and get him listening, which in return makes for a much more enjoyable and productive ride.





I’m sure any horse rider would agree, it’s always astonishing when you just have to think what you're going to do next, and your horse is already doing it, before you even have a chance to ask. So I decided to lunge him using only body language and the odd encouraging sound. To my surprise... it worked! In fact, he was more alert and even intrigued at my new method. 

I’ve always been taught to talk to him at all times, but actually sometimes it’s nice to shut up for a while, and take in everything. Every day it amazes me, how we can connect, learn from and communicate with such a large, wild animal. 

Nixon always knows how I’m feeling and when I need lots of cuddles, and I wouldn’t change him for the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ALEELILY DESIGNS | POWERED BY BLOGGER.